I make money on some of the products I mention on OnlineMomJobs.com through affiliate relationships. I never endorse a product or service unless I fully believe it will be of value to my readers.
Work at Home With West Marine
If you’re a boating enthusiast and looking for a job working from home, working remotely with West Marine may interest you.
What is West Marine?
West Marine specializes in fishing and boating supplies. They have 247 brick-and-mortar retail locations across North America and have approximately 5000 employees. The company is headquartered in California, and they’ve been in business since 1968.
Most of the company’s employees work in their retail stores; however, they hire Customer Service Representatives to work from home, assisting customers with online shopping and returns.
West Marine usually hires for this position a couple of times per year, which is in the spring and the fall.
Make an Extra $100+ Per Month for Free:
Earnably: Earn gift cards or PayPal cash to complete surveys and more.
GrabPoints: Earn money watching videos, completing surveys, downloading apps, and more.
Ibotta: Get paid to shop.
InboxDollars: Get paid to shop, complete surveys, and more.
InstaGC: Earn gift cards, or PayPal cash by taking surveys, shopping, and more.
RebatesMe: Earn money for shopping. Get an instant $10 just for signing up.
Swagbucks: Earn gift cards, or PayPal cash by taking surveys, shopping, and more.
Overview of the Work at Home Customer Service Representative
Some of the responsibilities of working at home as a Customer Service Representative include:
- Assist customers through telephone and live chat.
- Provide customers with articulate verbal and written responses.
- Answer customer questions and concerns in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Provide all customers with excellent customer service.
Education and Qualifications Needed
Some of the qualifications needed for this position include:
- Must have a general knowledge of boating.
- Above average computer skills and keyboarding skills.
- Experience using Windows-based programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle high rates of customer calls.
- Must have flexibility in scheduling.
- Must be able to pass a computer skills assessment successfully.
Technical and Home Office Requirements
- You must have a quiet home office space.
- High-speed, wired internet service.
- Must have a separate monitor.
The company will provide all hardware for work, which includes a laptop computer, a keyboard, and a mouse.
The company will pay you for all training, and training is completed remotely.
Pay and Benefits
The company does not list the rate of pay or benefits on its website. However, according to Glassdoor’s website, the pay for Customer Service Representatives is between $9 and $13 per hour.
Glassdoor also mentions the benefits, which include health insurance, 401K, and employee discounts.
Interested in Working for West Marine?
If you’re interested in working at home for West Marine, you can go here to see if this position is open, read more about it, and apply.
Remember, they typically only hire for this position a couple of times per year, which is usually in the spring and fall.
View Other Companies
If you are interested in reading about more companies that hire people to work from home, you can go here. All of the companies listed hire remote employees.