I make money on some of the products I mention on OnlineMomJobs.com through affiliate relationships. I never endorse a product or service unless I fully believe it will be of value to my readers.
Work at Home Jobs With U-Haul
You’re probably familiar with U-Haul, and you’ve probably seen their moving trucks on the highway at some point, or maybe you’ve even rented one of their trucks when you were moving.
What is U-Haul?
U-Haul is a well-known moving and self-storage company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona, and they hire remote employees to serve their customers across the United States and Canada.
The three types of work-from-home positions that U-Haul hires for are Customer Service Agent, Reservation Agent, and Roadside Assistance Agent.
Most of these positions are part-time seasonal jobs, and they usually hire for them in the summer. These jobs are open to both United States and Canadian residents.
U-Haul hires remote employees in most states; however, there are a few areas in which they don’t hire, including California, Washington DC, Chicago, New York City, Seattle, and Montgomery County (a suburb of Washington DC).
Make an Extra $100+ Per Month for Free:
Earnably: Earn gift cards or PayPal cash to complete surveys and more.
GrabPoints: Earn money watching videos, completing surveys, downloading apps, and more.
Ibotta: Get paid to shop.
InboxDollars: Get paid to shop, complete surveys, and more.
InstaGC: Earn gift cards, or PayPal cash by taking surveys, shopping, and more.
RebatesMe: Earn money for shopping. Get an instant $10 just for signing up.
Swagbucks: Earn gift cards, or PayPal cash by taking surveys, shopping, and more.
Overview of the Customer Service, Reservation, and Roadside Assistance Agent
All these positions are phone jobs and require taking incoming calls from customers, so you must have a quiet, distraction-free work area. Also, those with small children must have child-care since background noise is not permissible.
Some of the duties include but are not limited to:
- Answering customer questions about products, services, and pricing.
- Making changes to current reservations.
- Setting up new reservations for customers.
- Cross-selling products and services.
Education and Qualifications Needed
- You must have basic keyboarding and computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Basic knowledge of U.S. geography.
- You must have a clear speaking voice in order for customers to easily understand you.
- You’ll need to be comfortable navigating multiple computer programs simultaneously.
- You must have a positive attitude, be dependable, enjoy helping customers.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Since you’ll be working remotely, you’ll need to be comfortable learning online.
Technical and Home Office Requirements
- You must have a PC or laptop with hard-wired, high-speed internet service. The company does not allow Wi-Fi or satellite internet.
- Your PC must have 10 OS or Mac OS and 8G of RAM or more.
- If you are using a Windows operating system the CPU must have a score of 2500 or more.
- If you’re using a Mac operating system it must have a core i5 processor or greater.
- A wired USB headset with a microphone. They do not allow a wireless headset to be used.
- The company will provide you with their own anti-virus software. Any other anti-virus installed while working is not permitted. Also, you won’t be allowed to run any non-work-related programs on your computer while you are working.
Pay and Benefits
U-Haul doesn’t list the pay for these positions in their job postings. However, according to Glassdoor’s website, the compensation for all of these positions is between $8 and $10 per hour. Some positions are eligible for bonuses.
Even though these are part-time positions, U-Haul offers benefits for part-time employees, which include a medical reimbursement indemnity plan, prescription savings and discount plan, dental and vision plan, and a 401K retirement plan.
The hours depend upon the position. Some require late-night and overnight availability. You’ll be required to work holidays and at least 1 weekend day. The company guarantees a minimum of 25 hours per week.
Before You Apply
Before you apply you’ll need to check your internet speed and your CPU score. U-Haul provides a link for both.
Interested in Working for U-Haul?
If you’re interested in applying for a remote job with U-Haul, you can go here to view their open positions.
In the category box, make sure to choose “Call Center – Work From Home” in the dropdown.
Also, remember they may not be hiring at this time. They usually hire in spring and summer.