I make money on some of the products I mention on OnlineMomJobs.com through affiliate relationships. I never endorse a product or service unless I fully believe it will be of value to my readers.
Work From Home With The Hartford
If you are looking to work at home with an incredible, well-known company, The Hartford is definitely a company that is worth looking into.
They are a prominent Fortune 500 company that offers excellent pay and exceptional benefits, and they also send a computer to remote employees for work. They also appear to hire employees in most states.
What is The Hartford?
The Hartford Financial Services Group is headquartered in Hartford, Connecticut, and was founded in 1810. This Fortune 500 company is better known simply as The Hartford and specializes in insurance and financial services.
This company’s types of insurance include property insurance, general liability, automobile, workers’ compensation, and group benefits. A few of their well-known competitors are The Travelers, Liberty Mutual, and Safeco.
As an employer, The Hartford had 19,500 employees as of 2019, and they hire remote employees for an assortment of positions. Some of these positions include Claims Analyst, Customer Service Relationship Specialist, Nurse Case Manager, and Call Center Customer Service Representative.
This post will focus solely on the role of Call Center Customer Service Representative.
Make an Extra $100+ Per Month for Free:
Earnably: Earn gift cards or PayPal cash to complete surveys and more.
GrabPoints: Earn money watching videos, completing surveys, downloading apps, and more.
Ibotta: Get paid to shop.
InboxDollars: Get paid to shop, complete surveys, and more.
InstaGC: Earn gift cards, or PayPal cash by taking surveys, shopping, and more.
RebatesMe: Earn money for shopping. Get an instant $10 just for signing up.
Swagbucks: Earn gift cards, or PayPal cash by taking surveys, shopping, and more.
Overview of the Call Center Customer Service Representative
A few of the duties of this position include:
- Answering between 60 and 80 customer calls per day.
- Maintaining a high degree of professionalism while dealing with customers.
- Understanding customer requests and finding appropriate solutions.
- Going above and beyond each customer’s needs.
- Learning and understanding current and new products.
- Maintaining positive relationships with customers.
Education and Qualifications Needed
Some of the qualifications required are:
- At least one year of previous customer service, insurance, retail, sales, or related field.
- Must have outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to demonstrate personal accountability.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to focus on delivering high customer value.
- Prior experience working from home is preferred but not required.
Technical and Home Office Requirements
- Must have a private, secure work area that is free from distractions.
- Must have high-speed, hard-wired internet service.
- Must have 3Mbps upload speed and 30Mpds download speed.
The company will provide computer equipment for working purposes.
There are ten weeks of paid training, and all training is completed remotely from home.
Pay and Benefits
While not confirmed, the hourly pay for this position appears to be between $18 and $20 per hour, according to Glassdoor’s website. The company also provides high performers with quarterly incentives.
The Hartford provides an outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance which is effective on your first day of employment.
They also provide paid time off, tuition reimbursement, a wellness program, and more.
Interested in Working for The Hartford?
If you are interested in this position or finding other work-at-home jobs for this company, you can go here to view open positions, read more, and apply.
Be sure to type the word “remote” into the search area to see all of their work-from-home jobs.
View Other Companies
If you are interested in reading about more companies that hire people to work from home, you can here. All of the companies listed hire remote employees.