I make money on some of the products I mention on OnlineMomJobs.com through affiliate relationships. I never endorse a product or service unless I fully believe it will be of value to my readers.
Are you looking for a work-from-home job that doesn’t require a lot of previous experience? Sitel may be the perfect opportunity for you. Sitel is one of the largest call center companies in the world, and they are always seeking talented people to join their team.
What is Sitel?
Sitel is a global customer experience management company. Headquartered in Miami, Florida, the company has locations in Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and North America. Founded in 1985, Sitel has over 30 years of experience in the customer experience management industry. The company provides comprehensive solutions that include customer care, technical support, and sales.
In addition to its many years of experience, Sitel is also known for its people-first culture. The company focuses on hiring individuals with great communication skills and a positive attitude. As a result, Sitel is able to provide its clients with exceptional customer service.
As an employer, Sitel has over 100 call centers worldwide and employs over 160,000 people. The company hires employees to work in its call centers and also to work from home in several states across the United States.
Sitel partners with the world’s best-loved brands, from Fortune 500 companies to local startups, to build strong relationships with their customers. The company continually seeks people who have an excellent personality, empathy, and strong work ethic.
Make an Extra $100+ Per Month for Free:
Earnably: Earn gift cards or PayPal cash to complete surveys and more.
GrabPoints: Earn money watching videos, completing surveys, downloading apps, and more.
Ibotta: Get paid to shop.
InboxDollars: Get paid to shop, complete surveys, and more.
InstaGC: Earn gift cards, or PayPal cash by taking surveys, shopping, and more.
RebatesMe: Earn money for shopping. Get an instant $10 just for signing up.
Swagbucks: Earn gift cards, or PayPal cash by taking surveys, shopping, and more.
Overview of Sitel Jobs
This is just a basic overview of the remote positions offered by Sitel. The actual requirements will vary according to the specific job and the client.
Your primary job as a Sitel associate is to take inbound customer service calls, including billing inquiries, account or product inquiries, product or service orders, and installation scheduling or technical product troubleshooting.
Education and Qualifications Needed
To be considered for a work-at-home position with Sitel, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have a high school diploma or a GED.
- Must be at least 18 years old or older.
- Have the ability to multi-task.
- Must enjoy working with a team as well as independently.
- Have the ability to navigate through multiple systems.
- Have an eagerness to advance within the company.
- Must have outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Must have a positive can-do attitude.
Since these positions require speaking to customers over the phone, you must have a quiet place to work with no distracting noises like cell phones, television, music, doorbells, and pets.
You must also have the following:
- Desktop or laptop computer (no Apple/Mac, tablet, smart device, or Chromebook.)
- Approved USB headset
- Operation system – Windows 10
- Your keyboard, mouse, and headset must be hard-wired.
- Must have a separate computer monitor, which is at least 19 inches and has a minimum resolution of 1280×1024.
- Must have Windows Defender or Microsoft Essentials anti-virus.
- RAM must be at least 4 GB.
- Processor speed must be dual-core 2 GHz or higher.
- Must have free space of at least 20 GB.
- Must have three available USP ports.
- Must have high-speed DSL, Cable, or Fiber, hard-wired internet service.
- Internet speed must be download speed 5 MB; upload speed 3 MB.
- Must have basic home phone (landline) service.
The company offers 24/7 service to its clients, and schedules are dependent on clients’ needs, so you need to be open to working any schedule.
All training is completed remotely and is paid for by the company.
You will need a telephone and headset for training, and you must be able to attend all training classes.
Depending on the exact position, training can take anywhere from three to six weeks to complete.
Sitel hires remote employees in all states except California, Washington, and New York.
Pay and Benefits
The salary for these positions isn’t listed in the job postings. However, according to Glassdoor’s website, the pay ranges anywhere from $8 to $22 per hour, and the average pay is $14 per hour.
The company offers benefits to full-time employees after 90 days. A few of the benefits offered include medical, dental, vision, paid time off, and a 401K plan.
Interested in Working for Sitel?
If you are interested in working for this company, you can go here to view open positions, read more, and apply.
View Other Companies
If you are interested in reading about more companies that hire people to work from home, you can go here. All of the companies listed hire remote employees.