I make money on some of the products I mention on OnlineMomJobs.com through affiliate relationships. I never endorse a product or service unless I fully believe it will be of value to my readers.
If you have technical support experience with a business-to-business or SaaS background, then Muck Rack might have a work-at-home job for you.
Muck Rack regularly hires telecommuting professionals, and one of the roles they hire for is Customer Support Specialist. And they are always seeking creative team members who are eager to make an impact in helping the company continue to grow.
At Muck Rack, your job as a Customer Support Specialist will be to ensure that customers get great service. You’ll provide email as well as live support. You would be the first point of contact for customers, and you’d give them everything they need and help them be successful in using Muck Rack.
What is Muck Rack?
Muck Rack is a New York-based startup that provides an online platform for journalists and public relations professionals. The company was founded by Greg Galant in 2009 and is headquartered in New York City.
Muck Rack’s flagship product is a searchable database of journalists, which helps PR professionals pitch story ideas and connect with relevant media contacts. In addition to its flagship product, Muck Rack also offers a suite of tools for managing media relations, including a newsroom toolkit and an events calendar.
Even though the company is headquartered in New York City, Muck Rack is a remote-first company, meaning that all its employees are remote workers. They believe that remote work is the future of work and are committed to making it possible for their team members to work from wherever they choose.
They have remote jobs in various departments, including engineering, customer support, and sales. They believe that distributed teams are more creative and productive and are excited to offer their employees the opportunity to work from anywhere in the world.
Make an Extra $100+ Per Month for Free:
Earnably: Earn gift cards or PayPal cash to complete surveys and more.
GrabPoints: Earn money watching videos, completing surveys, downloading apps, and more.
Ibotta: Get paid to shop.
InboxDollars: Get paid to shop, complete surveys, and more.
InstaGC: Earn gift cards, or PayPal cash by taking surveys, shopping, and more.
RebatesMe: Earn money for shopping. Get an instant $10 just for signing up.
Swagbucks: Earn gift cards, or PayPal cash by taking surveys, shopping, and more.
Overview of the Customer Support Specialist
As a remote Customer Support Specialist, it will be your job to assist clients in achieving their objectives. You’ll be creating outstanding customer experiences while providing best-in-class service.
Some of the responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Become the first point of contact for customers reaching out to the company.
- Provide customers on with information on the product’s capabilities.
- Answer customer questions and further their knowledge of the product.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose errors both over the phone and online.
- Resolve site issues to customer satisfaction.
- Proactively contact customers having user errors.
Education and Qualifications Needed
To be considered for this role, you must meet the following:
- Have one to two years of technical support experience, preferably Saas or B2B.
- Have outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to listen and ask relevant questions.
- Be comfortable communicating with customers via email and live chat.
- Ability to independently troubleshoot and fix in-depth problems.
- Ability to quickly learn new tools. Familiarity with GitHub, Intercom, Hubspot, Salesforce, Slack, and Google Apps.
- Familiar with boolean searching.
- Familiarity with or prior experience working in public relations is preferred.
You will need a quiet home office in which to work.
The company provides employees with a full home office setup, phone reimbursement, reimbursement for high-speed internet connection, and a monthly coworking membership.
The company hires for a variety of shifts, so you must be flexible.
Training is completed remotely and paid for by the company.
No state restrictions are listed.
Pay and Benefits
The hourly rate for the Customer Support Specialist position starts at $27 per hour.
Benefits for full-time employees within the United States include health insurance, vision, and dental coverage, matching 401K, paid time off, holiday pay, and more.
Here is a basic outline of the interview process.
- You will have a 30-minute interview with a member of human resources.
- Next, you will have a one-hour interview with a hiring manager.
- You will be given a technical take-home assignment which you will have two hours to complete.
- You will have a final interview with several team members.
It is important to note that this is subject to change, and they may ask you additional questions or require you to do an extra step before they make a final decision.
Interested in Working for Muck Rack?
If you are interested in this position, you can go here to read more about the company and apply. You can also view other work-at-home job listings with this company.
View Other Companies
If you are interested in more legitimate work-from-home opportunities, you can go here to view more company reviews. All of the companies listed offer remote positions.