I make money on some of the products I mention on OnlineMomJobs.com through affiliate relationships. I never endorse a product or service unless I fully believe it will be of value to my readers.
If you’re searching for a challenging work-from-home job with above-average pay, working as a Customer Support Representative with HiringThing could be the perfect place for you. Plus, their work-from-home jobs come with great benefits, like paid time off and health insurance.
What is HiringThing?
HiringThing is an online applicant tracking system (ATS) that helps small businesses streamline the hiring process. Founded in 2012, HiringThing is headquartered in Bartonsville, Pennsylvania.
The company offers a simple, intuitive platform that makes it easy to post job openings, track applicants, and evaluate candidates. HiringThing also offers a free trial so businesses can try out the platform before committing to a subscription.
In addition to being an ATS, HiringThing also provides tools for conducting background checks and creating employee onboarding processes. As a result, it’s an ideal solution for businesses of all sizes who are looking to streamline their hiring process.
As an employer, HiringThing is a fully remote company with no physical offices. They require their employees to communicate with other teams, both internal and external, during standard business hours. Employees communicate through Slack and video conference daily as a team. Their diverse team is distributed throughout the US, and the company is always seeking smart, thoughtful colleagues to tackle hard problems head-on.
Make an Extra $100+ Per Month for Free:
Earnably: Earn gift cards or PayPal cash to complete surveys and more.
GrabPoints: Earn money watching videos, completing surveys, downloading apps, and more.
Ibotta: Get paid to shop.
InboxDollars: Get paid to shop, complete surveys, and more.
InstaGC: Earn gift cards, or PayPal cash by taking surveys, shopping, and more.
RebatesMe: Earn money for shopping. Get an instant $10 just for signing up.
Swagbucks: Earn gift cards, or PayPal cash by taking surveys, shopping, and more.
Overview of the Customer Support Representative
Customer Support Representatives provide support to users and customers in accordance with the company’s customer support philosophy and guidelines.
Some of the duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Successfully manage and respond to high volumes of support phone calls, tickets, and chats submitted via email or through the support portal.
- Provide consistently friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, and timely support to all clients.
- Strive to provide the correct solution the first time around.
- Build relationships with clients.
- Effectively handle complaints and provide proper solutions and alternatives.
- Accurately record all interactions with customers.
- Create and maintain knowledge-based articles.
- Process submitted job postings.
- Review submitted job postings for visibility.
- Participate in team meetings weekly.
Education and Qualifications Needed
To be considered for this position you must meet the following:
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Effective listening skills.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing situations.
- Ability to manage time and prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to work independently.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Working familiarity with Windows and Mac OS-based operating systems.
- Proficiency in Chrome, Firefox, IE, and Edge web browsers.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Comfortable working with technology.
Because this role includes speaking to customers on the phone, you will need to have a quiet work area that is free from distractions.
According to the job posting, the company provides a $100 telecom reimbursement. No other technical requirements are listed in the job posting.
The hours for this position are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific Time. Occasional on-call weekend hours are required and you may have to rotate with other team members.
The company also requires the flexibility to work additional hours as needed if other team members are out sick or off.
All training is completed remotely and paid for by the company.
There are no state restrictions mentioned and the company appears to hire in all states.
Pay and Benefits
The starting pay for this position is $23 per hour.
The company provides benefits to eligible employees. Some of the benefits offered include comprehensive benefits, a 401K, paid time off, and more.
Interested in Working for HiringThing?
If you are interested in working for this company, you can go here to view open positions, read more, and apply.
Please keep in mind, that at the time of this writing, the company was hiring for this position. If they aren’t currently hiring, check their website often so you don’t miss out on any current openings.
View Other Companies
If you are interested in reading about more companies that hire people to work from home, you can go here. All of the companies listed hire remote employees.