I make money on some of the products I mention on OnlineMomJobs.com through affiliate relationships. I never endorse a product or service unless I fully believe it will be of value to my readers.
If you’re looking for a work-at-home job and don’t have any prior remote work experience, then you may want to check out Blackboard. Working for Blackboard could be the perfect way to get some work-at-home experience while also helping customers.
Blackboard frequently hires Customer Service Advisors to work from home to help support their 150 million product users.
What is Blackboard
Blackboard is a software company that specializes in educational technology. Blackboard’s flagship product is a learning management system that helps educators create and deliver online courses. The company also has a range of other products and services, including a mobile learning platform, an analytics tool, and a student information system.
Blackboard has been one of the leading providers of educational technology for more than two decades, and its products are used by millions of students and educators around the world. The company is headquartered in Reston, Virginia, and was founded in 1997.
As an employer, Blackboard has over 3000 employees, many of whom work from home.
Make an Extra $100+ Per Month for Free:
Earnably: Earn gift cards or PayPal cash to complete surveys and more.
GrabPoints: Earn money watching videos, completing surveys, downloading apps, and more.
Ibotta: Get paid to shop.
InboxDollars: Get paid to shop, complete surveys, and more.
InstaGC: Earn gift cards, or PayPal cash by taking surveys, shopping, and more.
RebatesMe: Earn money for shopping. Get an instant $10 just for signing up.
Swagbucks: Earn gift cards, or PayPal cash by taking surveys, shopping, and more.
Overview of the Customer Service Advisor
Customer Service Advisors work in a fast-paced environment. Advisors use multiple technologies to identify and diagnose issues that users report. They resolve problems quickly so that students, faculty, and staff of Higher Education and K- 12 institutions can have a great experience.
Some of the duties of the Customer Service Advisor position include:
- Answer inbound customer calls and inquiries in a professional manner.
- Communicate appropriate options to customers in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide accurate, efficient, and pleasant resolution to customer inquiries.
- Strive for one-call resolution of customer issues.
- Demonstrate flexibility, patience, and empathy with customers.
- Manage and resolve identified client issues for your assigned customer accounts.
- Document information into the system.
- Escalate special issues to your immediate supervisor for resolution.
- Follow specified call flow in order to maximize effectiveness and efficiency.
- Participate in internal training programs.
- Complete special projects as assigned by management.
Education and Qualifications Needed
To be considered for this position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be 18 years old or older.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have a stable employment history.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have experience using a computer and basic software.
- Must be familiar with education-related technologies.
- Ability to multi-task and handle several job tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to escalate customer issues in a timely manner.
- Must be analytical and have strong attention to detail.
- Must have experience using internet browsers such as Google Chrome, Safari, and Firefox.
- Must have the ability to type at least 25 words per minute.
- Some college is preferred but not necessary.
- Some previous customer service or call center experience is preferred but not required.
- Prior experience in the education industry or with e-learning technology is helpful but not required.
Since this position requires a lot of telephone contact, you will need a quiet, distraction-free home office or workspace. You will also need high-speed, hard-wired cable or DSL internet service. You must have a minimum download speed of 15 Mbps and a minimum upload speed of 5 Mbps.
The company will supply equipment for work.
Since customers are worldwide, the company provides service 24/7. Therefore, you must be open to a variety of schedules.
All training for this role is completed remotely and paid for by the company.
As of this writing, Blackboard only hires people residing in the states of AL, AR, FL, GA, IN, KY, LA, MI, MO, MS, NC, NM, NV, OH, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, WI, and WV.
Pay and Benefits
The pay for this role isn’t listed in the job posting. However, according to Glassdoor’s website, it’s $12 per hour.
The company offers benefits to eligible employees. Some of the benefits offered include health coverage, gym discount, a retirement program, paid time off, and more.
Interested in Working for Blackboard?
If you are interested in working for Blackboard, you can go here to view open positions, read more, and apply. If they aren’t currently hiring, be sure to sign up for their talent network so you’ll receive updates on new positions that become available.
View Other Companies
If you are interested in reading about more companies that hire people to work from home, you can go here. All of the companies listed hire remote employees.