I make money on some of the products I mention on OnlineMomJobs.com through affiliate relationships. I never endorse a product or service unless I fully believe it will be of value to my readers.
If you’re looking for a flexible work-at-home job and you have a passion for helping other people, working for Aira could be the perfect job for you.
Aira regularly hires Aira Agents to work from home to assist blind and visually impaired persons with their everyday tasks and make a difference in their lives.
This position is perfect for those with a knack for technology who love talking to people and want to work their own schedules.
The best part about this job is that as long as you’re authorized to work in the United States, the company will allow you to work anywhere in the world you want.
What is Aira?
Aira Tech Corp is a forward-thinking company that provides assistive technology for the blind and visually impaired. Founded in 2014, they are headquartered in La Jolla, California.
Their goal is to provide independence and confidence to those who are blind or have low vision so that they can lead full and active lives. Aira’s services are available 24/7, and they offer a variety of pricing plans to suit different needs.
Aira helps people with disabilities be more independent. Aira is an incredible tool for the blind and visually impaired that instantly provides live, on-demand assistance. It’s a professional service delivered by a person for any task.
Their team of highly trained professionals uses cutting-edge technology to deliver assistance when and where needed. Whether it’s helping with everyday tasks or providing access to new experiences, Aira is changing the way visually impaired, and blind people interact with the world around them.
The company’s mission is to remove barriers and make the world more accessible to visually impaired persons by providing them with real-time visual interpreting.
Make an Extra $100+ Per Month for Free:
Earnably: Earn gift cards or PayPal cash to complete surveys and more.
GrabPoints: Earn money watching videos, completing surveys, downloading apps, and more.
Ibotta: Get paid to shop.
InboxDollars: Get paid to shop, complete surveys, and more.
InstaGC: Earn gift cards, or PayPal cash by taking surveys, shopping, and more.
RebatesMe: Earn money for shopping. Get an instant $10 just for signing up.
Swagbucks: Earn gift cards, or PayPal cash by taking surveys, shopping, and more.
Overview of the Agent
This is a basic overview of this position.
As an Aira agent, you can access the company’s dashboard, receive live video calls, and give sight to the blind anytime. Your daily tasks might include helping customers with their shopping, reading books to kids, helping them to cook a meal, or guiding them to a location.
Education and Qualifications Needed
To be considered for this position, you must have the following:
- A high school diploma or a GED (some college is preferred).
- Must be at least 18 years old or older.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Must be enthusiastic, eager, and well-spoken.
- Ability to multitask while remaining focused.
- Have the ability to read, understand, and describe locations using a map.
- Ability to work through technical difficulties and complicated tasks.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to utilize resources and find solutions to problems.
- Understanding of public transportation systems.
- Ability to adapt to any situation.
- Tech-savvy and familiar with a variety of technologies, including computers, smartphones, apps, and software.
Since you will be assisting customers via video chat, you will need a quiet home office or work area that is free from outside noises and distractions. You must also have the following:
- A Mac or Windows computer using Mac OS High Sierra or Windows 10.
- Your computer must have a minimum of 8GB RAM.
- Reliable, high-speed internet service with a minimum speed of 25 MBPS.
- A noise-canceling headset.
The company requires the following:
- You must work a minimum of 10 hours per week if you choose an overnight shift of Monday through Sunday between the hours of 10:00 PM to 4:00 AM PST.
- You must work a minimum of 12 hours per week if you choose a weekend shift of Friday between the hours of 2:00 PM to 10:00 PM PST and Saturday and Sunday between the hours of 4:00 AM to 10:00 PM PST.
- You must work a minimum of 20 hours per week if you choose a weekday shift of Monday through Friday between the hours of 4:00 AM to 10:00 PM PST and Friday between the hours of 4:00 AM to 2:00 PM PST.
Since this position is so unique, the company developed its own training and certification process so that Agents will be ready and able to assist customers with any task from day one. All of the training for this role is completed remotely.
Training for this position is rigorous and consists of live training with experienced Agents, along with online self-directed study.
Pay and Benefits
The starting pay for the Agent position is $15 per hour.
This position is an independent contractor, 1099 job, and therefore no employee benefits are offered by the company.
Interested in Working for Aira?
If you’re interested in this company, you can go here to read more about this role and apply.
View Other Companies
If you are interested in reading about more companies that hire people to work from home, you can here. All of the companies listed hire remote employees.