I make money on some of the products I mention on OnlineMomJobs.com through affiliate relationships. I never endorse a product or service unless I fully believe it will be of value to my readers.
Work at Home Jobs With Aclara
For those with previous customer service or call center experience, Aclara regularly hires Customer Service Representatives to work at home, providing remote call center services for its customers.
What is Aclara?
Aclara specializes in supplying electric, water, and gas utilities with infrastructure solutions such as sensors, data technologies, hardware, and software.
These infrastructure solutions are like smart technology for utility grids and help to make monitoring and metering the grids easier and more efficient.
The company is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, and they’ve been in business for over 40 years. They’ve served more than 800 utility and energy companies across the world.
Make an Extra $100+ Per Month for Free:
Earnably: Earn gift cards or PayPal cash to complete surveys and more.
GrabPoints: Earn money watching videos, completing surveys, downloading apps, and more.
Ibotta: Get paid to shop.
InboxDollars: Get paid to shop, complete surveys, and more.
InstaGC: Earn gift cards, or PayPal cash by taking surveys, shopping, and more.
RebatesMe: Earn money for shopping. Get an instant $10 just for signing up.
Swagbucks: Earn gift cards, or PayPal cash by taking surveys, shopping, and more.
Overview of the Customer Service Representative
Some of the main duties of the Customer Service Representative include:
- Making outbound calls to customers needing to exchange their meters and scheduling appointments for them.
- Taking inbound calls from customers who have questions and helping them resolve issues.
Education and Qualifications Needed
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- At least two to three years of previous customer service or call center experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent multi-tasking ability.
- The ability to meet and exceed deadlines under pressure.
- High level of professionalism and the ability to remain professional in all circumstances.
- Close attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Active listening skills.
- Excellent telephone and keyboarding skills.
- Computer literate with basic knowledge of Microsoft Office software and Windows 8 or above.
Technical and Home Office Requirements
For this position, you’ll be required to have the following:
- A quiet home office space free from noise and distractions.
- Access to a telephone, preferably a landline.
The type of equipment needed isn’t mentioned in the job posting. This usually means that the company will supply a computer; however, I can’t confirm this, so I’m not certain. They should tell you during the interview if the equipment is supplied by them.
The working hours are between 7:00 AM and 11:00 PM Monday through Friday, and 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM on Saturday. You must be flexible and be able to work during any of these hours.
Pay and Benefits
The hourly rate of pay for this position isn’t mentioned in the job posting. However, the company does offer employee benefits, which include medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off, and a 401K plan.
Interested in Working for Aclara?
If this position sounds like something you’re interested in, you can go here to view open positions, read more, and apply.