I make money on some of the products I mention on OnlineMomJobs.com through affiliate relationships. I never endorse a product or service unless I fully believe it will be of value to my readers.
Work at Home as a Virtual Receptionist With Smith
If you have a pleasing voice, incredible customer service skills, and you love talking to people, you can earn money from home working as a virtual receptionist. Smith often has openings for remote virtual receptionists, and they are actively hiring now.
If you wonder what a virtual receptionist is, they are just like a receptionist you see in any brick-and-mortar business, except they perform their jobs somewhere else. They either work in a call center or from home.
What is Smith?
Smith.ai is a company that specializes in virtual receptionist services. They offer 24/7 virtual receptionist, live chat, and messaging services to companies and businesses worldwide.
Some of the industries serviced by Smith include Finance, Law Firms, Software Companies, Construction Companies, Car Dealerships, Staffing Agencies, and Software Companies.
Unlike many virtual receptionist companies, Smith doesn’t charge its customers a monthly fee. Instead, customers are charged a price per call, and customers aren’t strapped with a contract and can cancel at any time.
Make an Extra $100+ Per Month for Free:
Earnably: Earn gift cards or PayPal cash to complete surveys and more.
GrabPoints: Earn money watching videos, completing surveys, downloading apps, and more.
Ibotta: Get paid to shop.
InboxDollars: Get paid to shop, complete surveys, and more.
InstaGC: Earn gift cards, or PayPal cash by taking surveys, shopping, and more.
RebatesMe: Earn money for shopping. Get an instant $10 just for signing up.
Swagbucks: Earn gift cards, or PayPal cash by taking surveys, shopping, and more.
Overview of the Virtual Receptionist Position
Some of the responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Answering inbound telephone calls and live chats.
- Taking messages from callers.
- Screening new clients.
- Booking appointments for clients.
- Collecting payments from customers.
- Transferring incoming calls to the appropriate party.
- Proactively contributing to your team.
- Understanding the needs of callers and providing them with correct information.
Education and Qualifications Needed
To be considered for the virtual receptionist position, you must have:
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Positive attitude.
- Excellent work ethic.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- High level of professionalism.
- Ability to summarize details clearly.
- Prior experience answering inbound telephone calls or as a receptionist.
- Outstanding multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Must be able to type at least 40 correct words per minute.
- Must have a quiet home office or uninterrupted place to work.
- Desktop or laptop computer with updated Google Chrome browser.
- Must have high-speed broadband internet service.
- Internet speed must be at least 10 Mbps download and 3 Mbps upload along with less than 50 ms ping.
Smith offers both full-time and part-time positions. Since the company operates 24 hours a day, you will need to have open availability seven days a week.
Part-time employees must be able to work at least five hours per day, five days per week, and all hours are based on the needs of their clients.
All training for this position is completed remotely and is paid.
Pay and Benefits
The starting pay for this position is $15 per hour.
The company offers a training bonus of $325 and a 15% weekly bonus for working extra hours and working during peak times. They also offer a bonus of up to $250 each month for exceptional performance.
This position is a W2 employee position, and benefits are offered for eligible employees. Some of the benefits offered include medical, dental, and vision coverage, retirement plans, and more.
Interested in Working for Smith?
If you’re interested in working as a remote virtual receptionist for Smith, you can go here to read more about this position and apply.
View Other Companies
If you are interested in reading about more companies that hire people to work from home, you can go here. All of the companies listed hire remote employees.