I make money on some of the products I mention on OnlineMomJobs.com through affiliate relationships. I never endorse a product or service unless I fully believe it will be of value to my readers.
Work From Home With Amazon
I’m sure you’ve heard of Amazon, and chances are, you’ve probably shopped on their website several times. You may even be a Prime member. But did you know this e-commerce giant hires remote employees?
Amazon actually hires employees across the United States for many remote positions such as Software Development Engineer, Global Waste Program Manager, Software Developer, and Sr Technical Recruiter. But one of the most popular remote roles they hire for Seasonal Work From Home Customer Service Associate.
Don’t let the word seasonal scare you off. Just like all seasonal jobs, if you’re a good worker and dedicated, there’s always a chance they may keep you if the need is there. Also, these positions are W-2 employee positions, not independent contractor jobs.
I’ve noticed that they usually hire for their Customer Service Associate positions about three to four times a year, which is usually in the spring, the summer, and the fall. They usually hire for both full-time and part-time positions.
Make an Extra $100+ Per Month for Free:
Earnably: Earn gift cards or PayPal cash to complete surveys and more.
GrabPoints: Earn money watching videos, completing surveys, downloading apps, and more.
Ibotta: Get paid to shop.
InboxDollars: Get paid to shop, complete surveys, and more.
InstaGC: Earn gift cards, or PayPal cash by taking surveys, shopping, and more.
RebatesMe: Earn money for shopping. Get an instant $10 just for signing up.
Swagbucks: Earn gift cards, or PayPal cash by taking surveys, shopping, and more.
Overview of the Customer Service Associate
Some of the responsibilities of the Customer Service Associate include the following:
- Assisting Amazon customers via telephone, email, and chat.
- Navigating Amazon’s website, researching customer accounts, finding options, and solutions to customer issues, and being able to communicate with customers effectively.
- Being able to follow detailed instructions both verbally and written.
- Learning other areas of the business and supporting other departments if needed.
Education and Qualifications Needed
Some of the requirements of the CSA position include but are not limited to the following:
- You must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Previous customer service or call center experience.
- Previous experience in a fast-paced environment.
- You must be able to prioritize your work and your time.
Technical and Home Office Requirements
- You must have a private work area that is free from distractions.
- You must have high-speed, hard-wired internet service with at least 10 Mbps download speed and 5 Mbps upload speed. Wi-Fi and Satellite internet is not accepted.
- They send equipment to you so your mailing address must be a physical address and must be up to date. They do not allow PO Boxes.
- You’ll need to be available for any shift which includes morning, afternoons, evenings, nights, and weekends. They require you to be flexible with your shift especially during the holidays when you could be working up to 60 hours.
Unfortunately, they don’t hire Customer Service Associates in all states, but they do hire in 34 of them. Typically, the states that are eligible for remote customer service positions are Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. If you live in one of these states you can’t live within 50 miles or closer to an Amazon customer service site. If you do, you won’t be eligible to work remotely.
Pay and Benefits for Remote Customer Service Associates
- The starting pay for a CSA is $15 per hour.
- Amazon furnishes the equipment and sends it to your home.
- They offer employees discounts on merchandise.
- They offer overtime pay of 1.5 times your base pay.
Interested in Working for Amazon?
Does this position sound like a great fit for you? If so, you can view Amazon’s virtual jobs here.
Be sure to scroll down and click “work from home” in the category section to see all of their work-from-home jobs available.
Keep in mind that Amazon may not be hiring Customer Service Associates at this time. If you’re interested in this position, since they don’t have an option to sign up for job alerts, it’s important to keep checking their website because these jobs typically get filled very quickly and the job posting usually isn’t up more than a few days.
If you see someone on social media advertising a job for Amazon and they request that you private message them, it’s a scam. Amazon only hires employees through its website.