I make money on some of the products I mention on OnlineMomJobs.com through affiliate relationships. I never endorse a product or service unless I fully believe it will be of value to my readers.
Working from home has become a significant trend in the contemporary job market, offering flexibility and convenience for many professionals, particularly for mothers seeking a balanced work-life integration.
Several reputable companies recognize the benefits of remote work for bookkeepers, providing an excellent opportunity for moms to embark on a career while managing their household responsibilities effectively.
In this blog post, we’ll explore several companies that hire bookkeepers to work from home. We’ll delve into the benefits of this profession and the skills required and highlight some reputable companies that offer these opportunities.
Whether you are a mom seeking a part-time gig or a career change, keep reading to discover why becoming a work-from-home bookkeeper might just be the perfect fit for you.
Make an Extra $100+ Per Month for Free:
Earnably: Earn gift cards or PayPal cash to complete surveys and more.
GrabPoints: Earn money watching videos, completing surveys, downloading apps, and more.
Ibotta: Get paid to shop.
InboxDollars: Get paid to shop, complete surveys, and more.
InstaGC: Earn gift cards, or PayPal cash by taking surveys, shopping, and more.
RebatesMe: Earn money for shopping. Get an instant $10 just for signing up.
Swagbucks: Earn gift cards, or PayPal cash by taking surveys, shopping, and more.
What Does a Bookkeeper Do?
Bookkeepers play a crucial role in the financial management of businesses and organizations by recording, organizing, and maintaining accurate financial records.
Their primary responsibility is to track all financial transactions, including purchases, sales, payments, and receipts, to guarantee that all financial data is accurate and up-to-date.
Here are some key tasks and responsibilities of a bookkeeper:
- Recording Transactions: Bookkeepers record all financial transactions, like sales, purchases, payments, and receipts, in the appropriate accounting software or ledger.
- Maintaining General Ledgers: They organize and maintain general ledgers, which are the central location for all financial transactions. Each account has its own ledger, which helps track transactions related to that account.
- Accounts Payable and Receivable: Bookkeepers manage accounts payable (money owed by the company) and accounts receivable (money owed to the company), ensuring bills are paid on time and payments are collected promptly.
- Bank Reconciliation: They reconcile bank statements with the company’s records to ensure all transactions match and identify any discrepancies or errors.
- Payroll Processing: Bookkeepers may be responsible for processing employee payroll, including calculating wages, deductions, and taxes and ensuring accurate and timely payroll payments.
- Financial Reporting: They generate financial statements, like income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements, providing an overview of the company’s financial health and performance.
- Expense Tracking: Bookkeepers track and categorize expenses, ensuring they are properly documented and accounted for in the financial records.
- Tax Preparation and Compliance: They help prepare tax documents and ensure compliance with tax regulations, providing necessary financial information to accountants or tax professionals for tax filing.
- Financial Analysis: Bookkeepers may assist in analyzing financial data to identify trends, potential areas for cost savings, and financial performance indicators.
- Audit Preparation: They assist in preparing financial documentation and reports for internal or external audits, ensuring all records are accurate and in compliance with auditing standards.
Education and Skills Needed to Become a Bookkeeper
While bookkeeping does not require a formal degree, having some level of education in accounting or finance can increase your chances of landing a work-at-home bookkeeping job.
You can also opt for certifications such as the Certified Bookkeeper (CB) designation offered by the American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers.
In addition to education and certifications, every bookkeeper should possess certain key skills. These include excellent attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and the ability to work independently.
Since bookkeeping is primarily done using accounting software, proficiency in computer skills and relevant software is also essential.
How Much Do Bookkeepers Make?
The salary of a bookkeeper can vary based on several factors, including location, experience, education, industry, and the size of the company.
However, entry-level bookkeepers typically earn $30,000 to $45,000 annually, mid-level $40,000 to $60,000 annually, and experienced $50,000 to $80,000+ annually.
Benefits of Working From Home as a Bookkeeper
- Flexibility: As a work-from-home bookkeeper, you can set your own schedule and work around your other obligations.
- No Commute: Say goodbye to daily long commutes and hello to more time for yourself and your family.
- Cost Savings: Working from home removes the need for commuting costs, office wardrobe expenses, and other workplace-related expenses.
- Work-Life Balance: By working from home, you have the opportunity to balance your professional and personal life more effectively.
- Increased Job Opportunities: With the rise of remote work, there are now more opportunities for bookkeepers to work with clients and companies worldwide.
Where to Find Work-At-Home Bookkeeping Jobs
Accountingfly is an online platform that connects accounting professionals with job opportunities, offering a platform for job postings, recruiting services, and career resources within the accounting industry.
This company hires bookkeepers to work from home. They require between three and five years of experience, and the pay is $45,000 to $60,000 per year.
Accountingprose is an accounting firm specializing in bookkeeping, payroll, and tax services for small businesses. They hire remote bookkeepers to work from home.
To qualify for this job, you need to have at least one year of experience as a bookkeeper and be able to work 40 hours per week. The pay ranges between $16 and $24 per hour.
3) Beech Valley Solutions
Beech Valley Solutions is a consulting firm that provides accounting and finance services to businesses. They also offer remote bookkeeping positions for experienced professionals.
To apply for this job, you need to have at least two years of experience in bookkeeping or accounting. The pay for bookkeepers with Beech Valley ranges from $15 to $25 per hour.
4) Belay Solutions
Belay Solutions provides virtual staffing solutions, offering remote executive assistance, bookkeeping, web support, and social media strategy services to businesses and entrepreneurs.
This Atlanta-based company hires bookkeepers to work from home across the county. They require previous experience, although the amount of experience isn’t specified.
The starting pay for bookkeepers with this company is $25 per hour.
5) Profit Matters
Profit Matters is an accounting firm that provides bookkeeping and consulting services to small businesses. They hire remote bookkeepers with a minimum of two years of experience.
Profit Matters offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including health insurance, paid time off, and retirement plans.
6) Two Roads
Two Roads is a virtual accounting and bookkeeping firm that provides services to small businesses, start-ups, and non-profits. The company is based in Knoxville, Tennessee, and offers flexible, remote bookkeeping jobs for those living in the United States.
To work as a bookkeeper for Two Roads, you need to have at least three years of experience in the field, as well as excellent customer service skills. They also require a two-year degree.
The pay for bookkeepers with this company ranges from $20 to $28 per hour.
The demand for remote bookkeeping jobs is on the rise, making it an attractive option for moms who want to work from home.
With the right education, skills, and experience, you can find a legitimate work-at-home bookkeeping job that allows you to balance your personal and professional life effectively.
So if you have a knack for crunching numbers and enjoy working independently, consider becoming a work-from-home bookkeeper.